Category: Work

My personal NAS

I built a personal NAS[1] solution back in November of 2015 and it is a “budget solution” mostly based on hardware I already had lying around here at home. It consists of the following hardware: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-MLE Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX Disks: 1 WD Red 2TB for

devNET Webmail

I have not been doing much lately so I decided to spice up the webmail used by my clients and myself. The base is Roundecube [1] and the skin was originally by Mr. Dieck but heavily modified by me. This is what it currently looks like: It’s an ongoing project, but I think that it

New IRC vHost + webpage

Just briefly: I obtained “zionism.de” for the sole purpose of creating a vHost for usage in IRC, and perhaps later, also use it for VPN purposes. A modest webpage was spawned as well, see: http://we.must.destroy.zionism.de/ The domain only cost me seven or eight bucks, so I said to myself and some of my pals “what

Running Varnish Cache, again.

I decided to give Varnish Cache another try now that I’ve isolated the back-end from the main web server for k0nsl.org, and it’s all working very fine so far. Took all of five minutes to install + the configuration edits. I’m going to be letting it run and monitor the various instances, logs and also the

Testing ‘RainLoop Webmail’

Hi friends, I’m currently testing RainLoop Webmail on one of my servers with the intent of replacing SquirrelMail and make Rainloop my main ‘on-the-go’ webmail client. It is very easy to set up, less than five minutes, and has very few requirements. The only downside is that it is PHP…but—-, oh well. Doesn’t matter much.

phpBB3 Pretty URLs & nginx

So I was working with a client who needed human-readable URLs (or SEO URLs, clean URLs, or whatever you like to call it) for his forum which is running phpBB3 coupled with nginx as the webserver. He didn’t know of any easy way to deal with that. I knew of pre-existing modifications and one in

Fixing WordPress Categories

I’ve seen a lot of entries around the Web about people “loosing” their categories after restoring a backup [note #1 and #2]. Well, I somehow encountered something similar and this is how I solved it. I will keep this short — as I do most of the time.   For starters, check your web server