As most of my readers know I’ve been caught up with improving the server the last couple of weeks and I’ve had great success with much of it. Most recantly I’ve played with Varnish — which no doubt worked very well — but up to now things took another turn and I seemed to get
Hi friends, My initial impressions of Varnish are all positive so far. I can’t believe I’ve not given it much thought earlier The configuration syntax reminds me a lot about Squid, which I have a lot of experience with in both the olden days and presently — mostly using it to proxy. Today I’m spending
I’m currently testing Varnish on Gondor and so far it looks like it might be used fully on production basis for the server. I’m making the ultimate decision on this tonight. On another note, it seems like the visual editor is gone again (TinyMCE). I remember the procedure of fixing this from another incident,
I’ve managed to optimize the server (and the underlying code in the blog) to be a lot snappier now, although WordPress still has that characteristic “sluggish” feel to it, regrettably. But obviously a lot of things has been done considering GTmetrix gave it an average rating of about 68 in Page Speed Score only some weeks ago.
I just got around to fixing the PTR-records for two IP addresses. They now resolve to the destinations they were intended to! This was something that had been bugging me for awhile now. But my ISP refused to add a PTR-record for my IP that I use on this workstation. Shame on you ! I verified